incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:34:12 GMT
The best place to learn about ASF in GCI is here:

   http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

Yes, the ASF absolutely participates and have some pretty good results -
both technical and new community members - in some Apache projects.  I
don't know if podlings have participated, but with the appropriate
incubation disclaimer I don't see why AOOo couldn't.

Correction in mail-archives link below: it's dev@community.apache.org to
talk about GCI stuff:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201110.mbox/browser

Key point: good GCI results come from strong and *committed* mentors who
have interesting projects.  The key thing is finding AOOo committers who
will have the time to volunteer to do the work.

- Shane