incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [SPAM] Re: [Proposal] Shutting down legacy OOo mailing lists
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:12:20 GMT
On 10/19/2011 2:00 PM, John Boyle wrote:
...snip...
> To the developers: What" wiki" are you talking about? I guess I have
> missed some e-mails, but I do object to having the current mailing lists
> removed, as it does not make any sense to do so!:-(

Just a reminder: Oracle's support of the existing servers running
various openoffice.org systems, including the mailing lists, is being
removed by Oracle.  That's the root issue we're trying to solve, so it's
not like the ASF is trying to make things hard!  8-)

In the process of hosting useful mailing lists here on stable and
long-lived Apache infrastructure, we will be creating a set of lists to
support the Apache OpenOffice podling's work at creating new AOOo
releases (like this ooo-dev@ list).  We will have mailing lists to
support our work, it's just that we'll have far fewer lists that should
be much better managed than they have been recently at oo.o.

Hope this meta-comment helps explain the bigger picture of why the lists
are being changed.  Similarly, many websites and services hosted at
openoffice.org will be changed, moved, or removed in the somewhat near
future.

- Shane