incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Renaming of OpenOffice.org
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:35:04 GMT
On 10/17/2011 05:54 PM, Ian Lynch wrote:
> I propose that we rename OpenOffice.org Apache OpenOffice and abbreviate it
> to ApacheOO or AOO and trademark each of those terms. At the same time
> invite submissions for a new logo or logos based on these terms with a
> deadline of end of November after which the PPMC decides it by vote.

+1

Since we already need to do some re-branding for adding Apache, I think
we should drop the .org which I believe was only there because
OpenOffice was already trademarked. When I see most people refer to it
outside the project they use OpenOffice. Apache OpenOffice would be a
natural transition.

Best regards,
Carl