incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From John Boyle <jbo...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Renaming of OpenOffice.org
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:41:05 GMT
On 10/17/2011 3:12 PM, Ian Lynch wrote:
> On 17 October 2011 23:00, Danese Cooper<danese@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> -1 unless Apache Trademarks has reached some conclusion on their overall
>> brand strategy for OOo. I saw a preliminary discussion, but no conclusions.
>>
>> If I've missed anything, please advise.
>
> IMHO, the PPMC should have some say in branding since marketing is part of
> the PPMC role. The longer it goes on with OpenOffice.org and no obvious
> branding from ASF the more confusion that will be generated and the more
> risk of damage from that ambiguity.

To all: What is wrong with just leaving it alone with the name that it
has? I am sure that by now everyone knows who is redoing this program,
and, unless there is some major ego involved, why not leave it alone as
to name? There's an old army saying, probably even older than the U.S.
Army, "KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID"!:-)