incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Renaming of OpenOffice.org
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:13:08 GMT
I think we went through this QUITE some time ago, and decided to leave
the branding -- i.e. OpenOffice.org -- as is.

Please see discussions with subject "Refactoring the Brand" back in July.

I will make an attempt to document this on the wiki so it doesn't come
up yet again.

The bottom line was the feeling that OpenOffice.org is quite a
well-known brand and we wanted to preserve that.

On 10/17/2011 03:04 PM, floris v wrote:
> Op 17-10-2011 23:54, Ian Lynch schreef:
>> I propose that we rename OpenOffice.org Apache OpenOffice and
>> abbreviate it
>> to ApacheOO or AOO and trademark each of those terms. At the same time
>> invite submissions for a new logo or logos based on these terms with a
>> deadline of end of November after which the PPMC decides it by vote.
>>
> You could also consider Apache Office, as all Apache software is open
> source. But maybe that's too far away from the original.

MzK

"There is no such thing as coincidence."
            -- Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Rule #39