incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <>
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Staged Migration of OO.o domain properties (long)
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:53:16 GMT

On 10/17/2011 10:50 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Shane Curcuru<>  wrote:
>> On 10/17/2011 10:32 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Shane Curcuru<>
>>>   wrote:
>>> I would preffer an *.oo.o is easier to manage and recognized, create
>>> shorter
>>> URLs and also reinforce branding.
>> I would prefer an ooo.a.o, since that reinforces the Apache branding. Note
>> that the primary homepage for the project - at least in terms of anyone
>> interested in participating in the project (i.e. any potential contributors)
>> - will be the ooo.a.o page.
> Sorry I got distracted by the question mark and thought you were asking for
> feedback.

No, my fault - I'm talking too much!  We are all looking for feedback on
what content the PPMC proposes to host where (once migration is complete
/ in progress).  I'm just trying to point out that there are a some
restrictions on which content should be hosted at oo.o versus ooo.a.o.
But the PPMC needs to come up with the plan(s) by discussing it here.

- Shane, off to a meeting and putting the email client down for a bit!

View raw message