incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eilers <go...@bernd-eilers.net>
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Staged Migration of OO.o domain properties (long)
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:29:34 GMT
Am 16.10.2011 19:19, schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Hi Dennis,

Hi there!

The Apache OO.o migration might probably benefit from looking at the
wiki content generated during the collabnet -> kenai Migration of
OpenOffice.org
especially in the area of webcontent for example.

Have a look here:

http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/pages/Home
http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/pages/WebContentMigration

Speaking of webcontent and apache rewrite rules please notice that you
would need an apache rewrite rule for /branding/* relative URLs in any
project (including www)
to something like /aooo_web_projects/look/overrides/static/csi/* to
migrate OpenOffice.org webcontent unless you do not want to modify
almost every page.

ThereĀ“s also the topic of webcontent-"decoration" with headers, footers
and sidebar-menus and the possibilities to customize that on a per
project basis that you should consider.
This is something covered on the
http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/pages/WebContentMigration wiki
page for the kenai migration.

Kind regards,
Bernd Eilers.

> This is an interesting approach. In the Wikis we have accumulated many of the properties
for the multitude of sub-domains for OOo. I like that this approach is open-ended and properties
can be added to the parts as these make sense.

> The approach taken so far fits this idea. I think it makes sense to build an xml file
of properties. Some properties that make sense:

> (1) project.
> (2) OOo subdomain.
> (3) technology (html, wiki, BZ, etc.)
> (4) Oracle resource.
> (5) AOOo svn location.
> (6) Edited or straight copy (some areas like downloads and www required editing to make
the AOOo version work.)
> (7) Staging URL (downloads.openoffice.org ->  ooo-site.apache.org/downloads/)
> (8) OOo project leaders
> (9) AOOo volunteers / sysadmins.
> (10) OOo MLs
> (11) AOOo MLs (if any)
> (12) Link from Top navigation.
> (13) Rewrites of HTML resource URLs - css, branding, base urls
> (14) Apache CMS wrapping procedure - at least three approaches are needed.
> (15) AOOo branding template.
> (16) IP address / VHost (?)
> (17) LIcense.
> (18) Copyright.
> (19) Ready?
> (20) Migrated?
> (21) Apache Infra contact.
>
> I like this open-ended approach it fits current scripts in ooo-site/trunk/tools/ to handle
updates from Oracle Kenai,

> We can use xsltprocs to generate some index pages like projects.openoffice.org.
>
> I don't know that we will want to continue with so many subdomains but the httpd server
will need to know how best to rewrite URLS. We will probably always want a downloads.openoffice.org,
but I don't know that we prefer udk.openoffice.org to www.openoffice.org/udk/