incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: How about a new branch for the legal changes? (was Re: A systematic approach to IP review?)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:22:11 GMT

On 10/14/2011 8:58 AM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> --- On Fri, 10/14/11, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>> A branch would save us from having say... 1000 commits
>>> with header changes in the history.
>> Apache uses version control as the canonical record. It's
>> therefore essential to know why a header was changed and
>> by whom.
>>
> And of course the branch would be on SVN so the history for
> the legal changes wouldn't be lost. Of course I meant this
> only for the SGA, but ultimately it depends on the people
> applying in and from what I understand now, *I* won't be
> touching any headers :).
>
> thanks for all these explanations,
>
> Pedro.

Robert & Pedro,

I intend to get started on the headers in the very near future.
My intention is to do a series of checkins by project/directory in the
source tree, matching the changes to the grant(s).
I have a bit of sequencing of activities before I start, but this is
next up on the list.

Andrew

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect