incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [legal] How to clarify, if usage of Boost C++ source libraries is allowed
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:26:23 GMT
On 9/28/2011 7:44 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
...snip...
> In particular, should be forcing the questions by proposing a
> categorization and seeking lazy consensus?  For example, "If there are
> no objections within 3 days to treating the Boost Licence as Category
> A compatible, then we assume lazy consensus and go forward with that
> treatment"

For legal issues - unless there is some truly overriding urgency to the
matter - I would definitely use a much longer period for any
legally-related lazy consensus question.

Unlike code changes (which can be reversed) or releases (which can be
replaced by a new one), some legal-related actions are not so easy to
undo.  Between that and the relative number of experienced legal
volunteers (few) vs. technical ones (many), please use patience when
dealing with legal questions.

- Shane