incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: OOo site favicon
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:22:11 GMT
+1 for your favicon.

Marcus

Am 10/14/2011 04:23 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Oct 13, 2011, at 7:13 PM, Shane Curcuru wrote:
>
>> On 10/13/2011 9:56 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>> Why is the favicon for http://www.openoffice.org/ using a Kenai favicon
>>> rather than an official OOo/AOOo favicon?
>>
>> Because most content for the openoffice.org domain is still being hosted on Oracle-owned
servers to which the Apache OOo PPMC has limited access to change content.  Oracle has legally
agreed to transfer the domain names and a number of brand elements, but the actual technical
details of transferring the domain name hosting are still being worked out.

>> Once the primary websites there are hosted on ASF servers, we will of course be using
Apache branding for the favicon, along with a wide variety of other branding changes to reflect
OOo's new Apache heritage.

>> - Shane
>>
>> P.S. Hmmm, does anyone have plans for an AOOo favicon, or does the PPMC just want
to use the feather to start with?