incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of migration of OOo domains?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:45:17 GMT
see below...

On 10/13/2011 03:13 PM, floris v wrote:
> Op 14-10-2011 0:02, Kay Schenk schreef:

>>> You are missing nothing. Much of the OOo web code is in the AOOo svn
>>> repository already. Kenai has svn and there are scripts in our
>>> project svn to export.
>>>
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html
>>>
>>> I am working on the wrapping. It is almost to the point where anyone
>>> can easily help and I'll update those instructions. Other plans seem
>>> to be coming together soon, in a matter of weeks.
>>>
>>> Shane is looking for a more immediate solution. He is asking if it is
>>> possible to change the existing site template hosted by Oracle at
>>> Kenai. This is not so easy, but we are looking to see if someone has
>>> that "foo" and will step forward.
>>
>> HI floris v...
>>
>> and mostly ditto on Dave's comments. We have NO intention of trying to
>> recreate kenai. The problem at the moment is no one, and I do think I
>> mean pretty much no one (well Andrew says he has access to "the
>> machine" but can he can fix the Oracle branding?), is even minding the
>> kenai.org (now .com) store. That is, this site/project, was also
>> abandoned by Oracle just about the time it gave over OpenOffice to
>> Apache. Go to
>>
>> http://kenai.com/
>>
>> to read what's there.
>>
>> What this essentially means is there's a machine up complete with a
>> bunch of old kenai projects on it (OpenOffice.org being one) and no
>> kenai master at hand.
>>
>> Our best best, IMHO, is to just get the DNS (name transfer to Apache)
>> done as quickly as possible; do whatever we need to to get a skeleton
>> site up (Dave and I, but mostly Dave have been working toward this for
>> a bit); fix the DNS records to point openoffice.org to the new "actual
>> Apache machine", and get on with it.
>>
>> Bottom line. We will NOT be using kenai templates, (and yes, we've
>> already got the relevant page "guts" if you will,) and we don't care
>> about them *now* except for all the Oracle branding that's there and
>> we can't fix. Andrew might be able to figure this out...I don't know.
>>

>>> Regards, Dave

> You mean to say: you can't find anybody at Oracle ready to give somebody
> at Apache ftp access to the Kenai servers to download all content.
> That's pretty awful.

Andrew Rist is our Oracle "go to" guy I believe. Yes, he has access to
the machine (and hopefully all current OpenOffice.org content on the
existing openoffice.org). In any case, we have page content migrated (as
of about Sept. 5th or so). i.e on an Apache machine and saved -- we just
don't have a real site up yet.

As a specific point of observation, we need someone who can
access/change areas that reside in the "root" area of the openoffice.org
kenai instance.

See--

http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/pages/LayoutCustomizationforOOoOnKenai

I think according to the admin list at--

http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/members?page=2&theme=kenai_fpo_com

maybe Raphael could do this assuming he is an admin on the "live" site.

MzK

"There is no such thing as coincidence."
            -- Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Rule #39