incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Status of migration of OOo domains?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:20:25 GMT
Am 10/12/2011 12:51 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
> On Oct 11, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> Shane, just to clarify a bit.  As far as I know, the PPMC does not have the
>> keys, as it were, to the live OpenOffice.org site.  Apparently someone does,
>> and some touch ups are made, but it is all sort of behind the scenes and, um,
>> not very transparent, especially since there is no archive or repository that
>> the PPMC has visibility into.
>
> Marcus is the only one I know of who has made changes to the existing OOo websites. I
don't know if he has access to the site template.

Don't forget Kay. She has also the power to make things happen. ;-)

However, I've just write access to the www + download + distribution
parts of the website.

I don't know where exactly the site template is located. So, don't know
yet if I can or not.

Marcus

> If Apache Infra makes progress on the JIRA issues I mentioned then I think that we can
gain traction on moving the openoffice.org static website very soon. I'll flesh out a proposal
on the CWiki in the next few days based on the various content we have accumulated.

>> However, there does need to be some lofting around what is a roadmap here, and
>> how does the existing live site be staged (and users informed) for transition
>> of the properties under OpenOffice.org.
>>
>> I'm thinking on it.  I am trusting that others with their hands on the knobs
>> and dials will also speak up on what they can do by way of preparation for
>> staging, and then staging.
>
> One of the JIRA issues was for a staging server for www.openoffice.org. If that is present
MANY hands are enabled as the Apache CMS will work directly on the site.