incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Publishing the PPMC Roster
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 12:03:02 GMT
TODO: all podling committers that prefer to use their own personal email
address rather than their @apache.org address should update this:

   https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/MailAlias.txt

The README nearby notes, among other useful things:
----
/MailAlias.txt
Place your frequently used email addresses in here to "tie" them to your
Apache committer ID.  Some automated tools will use the information in
this file to mark you as a committer or give you the appropriate
discount at ApacheCon.  Use the existing file format:

apacheid@apache.org,your@other.email.address

If you have multiple e-mails you wish to register, add another entry:

apacheid@apache.org,you@another.email.address

Please keep the list in sorted order by Apache e-mail address.
----

On 10/10/2011 9:20 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Daniel Shahaf<d.s@daniel.shahaf.name>  wrote:
>> Rob Weir wrote on Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 09:10:27 -0400:
>>> we're supposed to subscribe to that list using our Apache alias.
>>>

>> Untrue.
>>

> Of course it is true.  If you don't subscribe with something that is
> in the alias file, then how do you suggest we know that you are who
> you say you are?  We need to give the moderator some info to allow
> verification.
>
> -Rob

See above.  It's up to each project to figure out how to manage this
process.  Many people use non-@apache.org emails for private lists quite
easily.  Note that *private@ moderators also need to allow for any ASF
member to subscribe to their list.

- Shane