incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Review of OpenOffice.org Forums Agreement
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 00:57:03 GMT

On 10/11/2011 8:46 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Shane Curcuru<asf@shanecurcuru.org>  wrote:
...snip...

>> Actually anyone is welcome to work with Apache infra on their normal mailing
>> lists or even open JIRAs to get work done, so there's no strict need for
>> Apache IDs in many cases; not sure where you got that idea. However there
>> are many tasks that are simpler to do within the ASF if the requester is a
>> committer, so it certainly helps to be a committer.
>>

> Where did I get this idea?  From this page [1] where it says,

> Foundation's infrastructure team to discuss issues concerning the
> operation of the overall Apache Software Foundation systems.
> Participation in this list is only available to committers of the
> Apache Software Foundation"
>
> Are you saying that there is  a "normal" Apache Infra mailing list
> where this is not true?

Good point.  Can't help ya on that one.  But there are plenty of people
who aren't committers who can send emails to the infrastructure@ list to
ask questions, report problems, and sometimes even get responses back
from the list.

Dunno if we'd agree that that kind of behavior would be covered under
the definition of the word "work", but it's far too late to day for me
to discuss that intelligently.

I'm sure infra and many other projects will welcome your patches to
their websites to clarify details like this.

- Shane