incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Status of migration of OOo domains?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:36:27 GMT
It's been almost two months [1] since Oracle officially started
assigning the various oo.o domains to the ASF.  Do we have any actual
progress on migrating - or at least re-branding to show Apache heritage
rather than Oracle - the actual content of various oo.o sites?

In particular, I'm concerned not just about the technical/code content,
but also about other content, especially oo.o sites that may require
significant changes to reflect ASF ownership and Apache OOo stewardship
of these domains.  There are far too many different kinds of content, I
imagine, to have a single way to transfer all of them, so I think we
really need to just start on at least some rebranding and figuring out
which ones can be moved (or changed) independently.

In particular, I'd really like to see people working on the non-code
informational sites on oo.o like about, council, marketing,
infrastructure (or website), and the other topics of bizdev,
certification, distribution, and especially security.

Independent of the great code we've inherited, we've also inherited a
rather large brand, and I think we need the PPMC to take a much more
active and constructive focus on managing that.

I'm presuming the best place to get an overall view of what's being done
is on the wiki, correct?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOo-to-ASF-site-recommendation

- Shane

[1] http://markmail.org/message/lwfcisvg46fst2cq