incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:22:49 GMT
Hi,

Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote on 2011-10-06 14:14:
> Furthermore - there is nothing stopping you from having a knownsecurity@ group more focused
on security - and having this as your first (more public) port of call.

for years, there has been security@ooo. That group knows each other very
well, has been working together in trust for many years, and not only I
proposed here on this list to continue working the way it was before,
since security is an area where we can work together closely apart from
any "political" issues.

However, I was told several times, that this is not desired, and things
are different at Apache. So be it, I am not wasting my time anymore
explaining over and over again why my proposal would have been the best
solution. Believe me, or tell me a dozen times things are different,
it's your choice.

In the current case, however, as I understood it, Apache representatives
have been made aware of the security issue. When and how Apache is able
to ship a fixed binary, and whether this is needed, is out of my scope.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108