incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OpenOffice Meetup at ApacheCon?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:02:03 GMT
On 10/4/2011 5:32 PM, Donald Harbison wrote:
> What is the level of interest to hold an OpenOffice Meetup at ApacheCon? It
> will likely attract interest and participation from other Apache members not
> yet familiar with the project. For those that are, it creates the
> opportunity to meet F2F, and set to work on agreed topics.
>
> The Meetups are open to all, with no registration fees incurred. Here's the
> post on them: http://na11.apachecon.com/pages/meetups

More to the point, committers@ or PMCs@ should have gotten a note that
points to the Meetup Planning page here:

   http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsNa11

That's where committers and regular contributors to any Apache project
or podling are welcome to register their interest in potentially
scheduled meetups.  The Conference Planning Committee (concom) uses the
wiki page to collect ideas and gauge relative interest levels, and then
later on (a couple of weeks before the conference?) will officially
schedule the meetups on specific days/rooms.

Note that the conference producer is also always happy to talk to
potential sponsors - if anyone has an employer who wants more visibility
in this space, sponsoring the refreshments at a meetup is a great way to
do it.

- Shane, who will be at ApacheCon all week