incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: ODF and HTML 5
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:16:30 GMT
2011.10.03. 12:39 keltezéssel, Ian Lynch írta:
> On 3 October 2011 10:40, RGB ES<rgb.mldc@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 2011/10/3 Ian Lynch<ianrlynch@gmail.com>
>>
>>> A logical technical need could be
>>> to develop ODF rendering and editing in web browsers.
>>>
>> Something like WebODF?
>> http://www.webodf.org/
>> They even have an app on android market to display ODF documents on smart
>> phones (I never used it: my cell phone is only useful for phone calls...)
> Yes I have it on my phone, but I don't use desk based files for
> information very much mainly direct in web pages. WebODF is a good
> start. Just seemed that If ODF was an official part of HTML 5 it would
> get increasingly wide support and so would help strategically with
> marketing.  OASIS should be the focus but the more support from a wide
> range of organisations, the more likely it is to happen.
No that way.
If I know correctly the ODF among others, uses HTML, XML and other
standards, see normative references in ODF 1.2:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cos01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cos01-part1.html#__RefHeading__1414984_253892949
It uses the latest issued version HTML 4.0,  if the HTML 5 is out, the
HTML 5 version can be used in ODF, when the OASIS TC creates new ODF
version, or reviews 1.2.
That means no such possibility in marketing.
Zoltan