incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: PMC report for October 2011
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:48:58 GMT

On Oct 12, 2011, at 6:43 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
>> On 10/12/2011 8:51 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> In that other long thread -- and it is understandable if you missed
>>> this -- I said:
>>>
>>> "I think it would be good if the PPMC wanted to express to the
>>> ooo-security members that they want us to make security collaboration
>>> with TDF/LO a priority and to make every effort to share all
>>> appropriate information with TDF/LO.  I'd support that.  This could be
>>> solemnized by having a few Apache members, maybe mentors, affirm that
>>> they will make an effort to monitor that ooo-security list and to
>>> escalate to the AOOo PPMC is there is any backsliding on this."
>>
>> I'm not sure what you're actually asking here.  "ooo-security members"
>> should be the people the PPMC appoints/approves there (and potentially
>> anyone that the central Apache security@ team appoints), so it seems like
>> you're talking about yourselves there.  Who else is there between the
>> ooo-security@ list and the PPMC?
>>

> Currently, there is no one one between ooo-security and the PPMC.  And
> I am perfectly fine with that.  But Ross's question was about external
> relations, not the relationship between the PPMC and ooo-security.

I think that "we" as the AOOo PPMC will need to find one or more PPMC members to fulfill certain
external roles.

Perhaps these roles are:

(1) Public face of Security for AOOo.

(2) Liaison with the TDF.

(3) Press Liaison.

(4) Brand Manager / Cat Herder.

With people in these roles who are active then perhaps the rest of us can defer immediate
might be able to stop the periodic and damaging flames of misunderstanding.

Regards,
Dave