incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Staging OOo Site: Bugs and Improvements
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:00:49 GMT

On Oct 31, 2011, at 4:47 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:

> On 10/31/2011 18:22, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 31, 2011, at 3:15 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Dennis,
>>>
>>> On 10/31/2011 16:13, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote: <snip>
>>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> This is a matter of how you set your preferences in Cwiki. You have
>>> to allow delivery of notices in HTML, because the diffs come in
>>> color, just like what you see on the Cwiki when you click, "view
>>> changes". I'm getting both diff and full-text at the moment, which
>>> is very handy: if I need to see the change in full context, I can
>>> look at the second message, otherwise not. --/tj/
>>
>> That is true. Unfortunately according to this[1] it is against ASF
>> Policy. One of the motivations for the Apache CMS was how poorly
>> Confluence  performs. [2]
>>
>> Regards, Dave
>>
>> [1]
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Postingemailalertstoamailinglist
>>
>> [2] http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html#confluence-limitations
>>
> Hi, Dave,
>
> Thanks for the fascinating links. I expect to be making a lot of use of Apache CMS: to
my proof-reader's eye, many of the ASF pages look somewhat shabby and neglected. One example
is the penultimate sentence in http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html#build

> My bad: since the discussion was in the context of coo-commits, I should have made it
clear that I was talking about watch-list messages, sent straight to the watcher.

> (I find the general ban on HTML obnoxious, though I understand at least some of the rationale.
I am absolutely /lost/ without my /stress italics./ :-) )

It is not a universally accepted ban... I would prefer to have the html diffs for all.

Regards,
Dave