incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:08:56 GMT

On Oct 18, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> +0, you are declaring this to be a case of JFDI. I'll expect that the Marketing Team
will allow sometime for interested parties to subscribe.

> Dave, it sounds like you missed the original discussion about the
> list, last week.  There were no objections.   Right now I'm just
> cc'ing the list on the request to apmail, which I read was the common
> practice.  Not sure if it is Zen enough, or whether the PPMC wants to
> invent a new rule here, or whether Dennis wants a solemn covenant
> first.  But that is what the Committer's FAQ page recommended.  So I'm
> doing it.

This has nothing to do with Zen or Dennis. We had two threads going at once last week about
Marketing. I agree that they both reached the same general conclusion. I felt they both went
well and did not want to comment through my  neck and shoulder pain plus pain killer haze
to comment. Feeling better today.

i still don't see a huge need for a ML split, but I am not against it.

> The names listed are just those who volunteered to moderate.  Anyone
> is welcome to subscribe to the list, once created.  It is a public
> list, and there is no time limit for people to join.

Since this is a split in the community there will be a delay due to the split. I suspect there
will be more bikeshedding on marketing issues on ooo-dev in the interim.

>> I'm not so sure if this is the time or not, but I don't feel that strongly.
>>
>> Consider that a good part of the website migration discussion will end up on ooo-marketing.
We'll need to make extra effort to make sure that ooo-dev knows about pertinent details like
downloads, support, and api OOo projects. We'll confront this as the case is made. This may
turn out to be good for the distinguishing between AOOo and the legacy OOo.

> I could just as well see us having an ooo-website mailing list.  The
> technical details of the migration of probably of no interest to the
> marketing team,  On the other hand, the migration is a one-time
> effort,  so it probably doesn't matter much where that discussion
> occurs.

I don't want a website ML - I am -1000 on it. I think that the Marketing team will have a
much greater interest in the OOo website than you seem to think.

Regards,
Dave