incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Foundation blog posting on Apache OOo
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:22:23 GMT
As the PR states, there is a lot of FUD floating around from
*many* people and orgs that OpenOffice is dead, that the Open
Office podling has failed, that to keep Open Office "alive"
people must cough up money to help make that happen, etc…

Whereas it is in the self-interest of those entities to
create this confusion, no matter how much it damages the
entire Open Office ecosystem, the ASF is trying to set the
record straight, and clearly indicate that the potential
for Open Office is brighter than it has ever been, as long
as we all work together. Open Office is alive. The podling is
doing quite well. That donations are not being solicited or
"required" to keep Open Office as a viable codebase, etc...

If LibreOffice, as an entity, or people "behind" or "involved"
with LO are guilty of the above, then of course the PR applies
to them. If innocent, then of course it does not.

We are not pointing fingers at all; if people think it does
apply to them, the real issue is for them to do some soul
searching and honestly ask themselves why they feel that way.