incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Review of OpenOffice.org Forums Agreement
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:05:04 GMT
Rob Weir wrote on Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 15:13:31 -0400:
> To enable list-based discussion of the proposal, I'm pasting in the
> current wiki markup.  This will allow anyone to enter inline
> commentary, as a response, to the quoted original.

Thanks!

> *H.* Should the ASF or the Apache OpenOffice.org project decide to
> terminate its support of the forums, it will grant a period of at
> least 90 days for the transfer of the contents and structure of the
> forums to another host as decided by the Administrators, Moderators
> and Volunteers.

The PPMC is not empowered to agree to a clause that reads, "The ASF will
grant 90 days to someone".  Only the board and officers can make
commitments on behalf of the org.

That's just the legal side of things and is not the same as the question
of whether one should expect the ASF, should any of its entities decide
to take the forums down, provide advance warning or migration codepath.

The relevant entities in this case include IPMC, Infra, and Board.