incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:16:01 GMT
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:06:36 +0100
Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> On 6 October 2011 16:53, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
>
> > Responsible Apache people need to rethink
> > their insistence on their method to the exclusion of all other
> > methods.
>
> Please read the comments in this thread by an OOo mentor, Shane
> Curcuru.
>
> Please also see the advice and guidance of Dirk, a long time
> Apache Member.
>
> I think you'll find what you are looking for.

With respect, it is not the tone of my_ emails that need
amelioration, but the blanket insistence from some posters that
Apache methods must rule always. I have been careful not to
attribute personal blame in this thread; I make a general comment
on this tendency of absolute insistence on an Apache way, as it
seems to me, and as I know from off channel communications, to
other newcomers

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>