incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:53:41 GMT
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 17:43:57 +0200
Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> No, I was personally told that I should not be involved on that
> list, because of ICLA-PPMC-whatever-abbreviation things and
> that at Apache things are different. So, don't blame me. My
> proposal was to use the existing mailing list (subscribers) and
> work as before, but that obviously was not desired.

Newcomers are seeing once again the heavy-handed insistence that
the Apache method is the only method and that there is no other
way to do _anything_.  Responsible Apache people need to rethink
their insistence on their method to the exclusion of all other
methods.  Whether this is due to language difficulties (US syntax
versus European syntax) I know not, but some softening and
flexibility in approach is called for.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>