incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject [CODE] fix Qt4/Kde4 detection in configure (was: [code] build on Linux 64 bits (Fedora 15))
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 15:10:16 GMT
Hi there,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 06:25:04PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> * enabling KDE 4, moc can't be found:
>
> checking for Qt4 headers... /usr/include
> checking for Qt4 libraries... /usr/lib64
> checking for moc... no
> configure: error: Qt Meta Object Compiler not found.  Please specify
> the root of your Qt installation by exporting QT4DIR before running "configure".
>
> exporting QT4DIR=/usr/lib64/qt4 does not help.
> Hard-coding MOC4="/usr/bin/moc-qt4" in configure allowed to move on until next error:
>
> checking for moc... /usr/bin/moc-qt4
> checking for KDE4 headers... no
> configure: error: KDE4 headers not found.  Please specify the root of your KDE4 installation
by exporting KDE4DIR before running "configure".

> exporting KDE4DIR does not work, either. I didn't have time to look at these, so I simply
disabled kde4.

in qt4 the moc binary is named moc-qt4 in most linux distros I checked
(Fedora, OpenSuse, Ubuntu), configure should try first to look for this
executable, and only the for moc.

On Fedora and other distros KDE includes happen to be in /usr/include/kde4
and KDE libraries in /usr/lib[64]/kde4/devel

The attached patch allows Qt4/KDE4 detection (tested only in Fedora 15).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina