incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Staging For Apache Hosted OpenOffice.org Website
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:30:57 GMT

On Oct 31, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 31, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Claudio F Filho wrote:
>>
>>> Hi

>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/it/
>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/fr/
>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/es/
>>>
>>> Is possible to change the /br-pt/ to /pt-br/ ? This is a old mistake
>> about brazilian portuguese, that the correct ISO code is "pt-BR".
>>
>> No trouble at all. I'll work on the initial "pt-br" checkin after I do JA
>> this evening.
>>
>>> We can reorganize the code and find a brazilian commiter to upload the
>> changes. Is possible?
>>
>> Yes. I'll be able to help the committer learning how its done. Each
>> language project used slightly different approaches to css inclusion and
>> index.html organization. I consider each NL site ready to for a developer
>> at that point.
>>

> We had some code under CollabNet that restulted a mess under Kenai, I
> wonder how wil it work on Apache CMS since all our AJAX httpRequests were
> affected by the header and footer and screw up our feed when trying to
> import it.
>
> Is there a solution under the Apache CMS on how to handle AJAX sites and
> template management?

(1) You can certainly do all of the javascript replacing dom elements tricks ala google friend
connect, download.openoffice.org.

(2) There is a cgi-bin directory in the svn tree. You might give it a try and see if that
fits your use case.

See http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html for an architectural discussion. It is mostly a static
system serving upwards of 10 million hits a day.

What is it that you are trying to do?

If it is dynamic content that is for every user then we can automate the buildbot to update
our sites as frequently as once every hour. This is done on www.apache.org to highlight different
projects and to update the activity feeds.

Regards,
Dave