incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Staging For Apache Hosted OpenOffice.org Website
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:58:21 GMT

On Oct 30, 2011, at 2:08 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 30/10/2011 Dave Fisher wrote:
>> On Oct 29, 2011, at 9:30 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>> Can you please bring in the italian site too?
>>> It surely needs a lot of work but its a start!
>>
>> I'd already started :-D
>
> Thanks! Can you confirm you are importing the latest SVN from Kenai? Even though large
parts of the site are obsolete (and a lot of pages should just be dismissed, Pedro is right),
we still make updates to the main pages: e.g., last week I've rewritten links in the download
page to avoid dependency on download.services.openoffice.org that was originally supposed
to go offline this weekend.

I took an export yesterday evening from Kenai.

> Does the import mean that all future changes to http://it.openoffice.org/ will not be
imported directly to the Apache SVN?

The export tool in ooo/ooo-site/trunk/tools/kenai2website.sh does a copy the first time it
runs. If a project is already in the Apache SVN then it points out diffs for manual checking.
Diffs can be either due to editing to adjust for the Apache CMS or due to changes in Kenai.

It is up to you whether you continue by updating both places, only in Kenai or only in the
Apache SVN. Do what you have to do.

Regards,
Dave