incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: handling of ext_sources - Juergen's suggestion [was: Re: A systematic approach to IP review?]
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:13:58 GMT

--- On Thu, 10/27/11, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:

> i think we still haven't finished on this topic but it is
> somewhat
> important to move forward with our IP clearance and the
> whole
> development work.
>
> So if nobody has real objections i would like to move
> forward with this
> proposal but would also like to change the proposed
> directory name from
> "ext_sources" to "3rdparty".
>
> Keep in mind that we use this directory to keep the current
> state
> working and with our ongoing work we will remove more and
> more stuff
> from there.

I was about to bring in support for FreeBSD's fetch command
(somewhat like curl) in fetch-tarballs.sh and it looks like
now you are obsoleting it :-P .

In any case, yes.. I think this is the way to go. I am just
hoping there will be a way to opt out those components in
favor of the system libraries when those available.

Pedro.