incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Working on a project roadmap ...
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:37:37 GMT

--- On Wed, 10/26/11, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Would you be willing to put this to a vote of the TDF
> membership:
> > Shall LO contributors be permitted, based on their
> individual,
> > personal choice, to make their contributions to TDF/LO
> be available
> > under the Apache 2.0 license, in addition to the
> required LGPL/MPL
> > licenses?
>
> No need for a vote. No-one can force/forbid individual
> volunteer to do
> what they want. so a 'vote' to declare a 'people shall be
> permitted'
> is a weasel-words non-sens.
> And that is _not_ what Pedro suggested. he suggested that
> the TDF
> board 'encouraged' people to contribute to your project.

Indeed I am not asking for a vote, its just an idea to
keep for rhe future under the concept that us committing
some of your changes would make it easier for you to keep
in sync with our base.

I am also in strong agreement with Andre general idea
(from another thread), in that right now you dont see clearly
the advantages of working with us. This all will be solved
with time, I hope.

Pedro.