incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: working on a OpenOffice roadmap
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 19:20:52 GMT

--- On Mon, 10/24/11, Michael Meeks wrote:

>     Of course, in an atmosphere
> characterised by mutual respect and
> collaboration this would be no big deal.

Of course Bugzilla notifies people when there
is action taken on their patches and so far
no has complained but I would certainly respect
and honor patch removal requests if some
contributor is not OK with their patches being
committed into our base.

What I am seeing, though, is a pretty sane
community that wants problems fixed. I have even
seen cases of issues I was closing because of
license concerns and the contributors stepped
in to change their LGPL code to AL2.

FWIW, I asked for a very simple patch that made it
into LibreOffice, but by the time the contributor
responded (a month after) saying it was OK I had
already committed a workaround to solve the issue.
It would be nice to have some principle of agreement:
some issues like clang build fixes and the libegg
removal (which we have ready but not yet committed)
are basically repeated efforts without many ways to
do things differently anyways.

If libreoffice encourages, but not requires, AL2
for stuff in the core package, that would be a huge
advance to get a bit nearer both camps.

Pedro.