incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Migration Status Page
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:16:54 GMT
On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 12:55 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:34:27 -0400
> > Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> >> Btw, as I had imagined it, the columns would be used like this:
> >> <snip>
> >
> >> Unknown (which is the same as abandon)?
> >
> > I suggest unknown should mean "not yet decided"; admittedly, if
> > it is difficult to decide, "abandon" is probably a very strong
> > option.
> >

> My point is that abandonment does not require an explicit decision by
> this project.  It is what will happen by default if there is no
> proactive effort for a given service.

Good point

Installed OO.o (the last 3.4 binary from OO.o) to a fresh machine and
three things that perhaps should be on the migration page

- Asked me to register
- Asked if I wanted to check for updates
- Asked on second start if I wanted opt in to usage information tracking

so should those go onto that page, [likely I missed the discussion, so
sorry if this has been covered already] if so I can add them.

//drew