incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Documention roadmap (was Re: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:44:53 GMT
Thanks for the links Shane!

The first link is for the GSoC though, which is very different.
GCI requires a list of tasks of various levels of difficulty. I think this would be a good
chance for our documentation guys to put up a detailed documentation roadmap, which would
be good to have anyways.

I think this would be an excellent option to get fresh eyes into the MW --> CWiki migration.
Actually, newcomers would be ideal to identify information that must be part of tutorials.

--- On Fri, 10/21/11, Shane Curcuru <> wrote:

> The best place to learn about ASF in
> GCI is here:
> Yes, the ASF absolutely participates and have some pretty
> good results -
> both technical and new community members - in some Apache
> projects.  I
> don't know if podlings have participated, but with the
> appropriate
> incubation disclaimer I don't see why AOOo couldn't.
> Correction in mail-archives link below: it's
> to talk about GCI stuff:
> Key point: good GCI results come from strong and
> *committed* mentors who
> have interesting projects.  The key thing is finding
> AOOo committers who
> will have the time to volunteer to do the work.
> - Shane

View raw message