incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: working on a OpenOffice roadmap
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:10:21 GMT
 Hello Martin;

First of all a hats off for the work you&#39;ve done in the past for OOo, it&#39;s
difficult not to have seen your name around in some documents, and my best wishes that you
can get some agreement to complement the ASF funding.

Given that there has already been a 3.4-RC, I do think we should do a 3.4 non-Apache release
in the old infrastructure, especially if there are security concerns. This would also reduce
the growing pressure for a new release and would let us work more confortably for the Apache
release.

Despite not being an Apache release, we would use the AL2 where possible and the PPMC would
overview it so that the documentation points to the Apache Podling as the definite reference
for future development.

Pedro.