incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Making donations to the project
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:28:07 GMT
What pray tell would you want it to be spent on?
Historically the ASF only spends money on infrastructure
and marketing, it does NOT fund development.  In the

past if some donor wants us to spend money on a certain
type of equipment, we can usually make that happen so
long as it's not a major investment.  We don't at this
point need funding for additional sysadmin time for ooo
(tho thatwas only recently resolved).

That leaves marketing I suppose.  You might want to broach
this subject with Sally/press@ to see what she has to say about
it.