incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FreeBSD build failure in libxslt
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:20:55 GMT

--- On Sat, 10/15/11, Michael Stahl <mst@openoffice.org> wrote:

> if you build --with-system-libxml, then the xml2-config
> from your system should be found instead.

OK, I see.. yet another flag to add to my build script :(.
I hope we get
--with-system-icu
--with-system-python

because a lot packages are having problem with the new
FreeBSD 10 (configure gets confused with FreeBSD 1) and
it would be a mess to patch them in OOo too.

Now that I think of it, the external sources tarball is
rather dead end we should set system libraries for
everything by default.

> on MacOSX OOo does not build the internal libxml2/libxslt
> but instead uses the system libraries; perhaps it could
> make sense to do the same on FreeBSD?

Yes. I should mention that it's not really normai to build
OpenOffice using linux build instructions: we are used to
the port: a Makefile based script that fetches, patches,
build, installs, and even packages the code.

Maho is likely to update it soon so he will add that flag.

Thanks!!

Pedro.