incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Foundation blog posting on Apache OOo
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:53:59 GMT
Sorry to interject as Jim's on this, but I wanted to address one thing:

>The question that Simon is asking is simple.  Some have read the "best wishes to TDF
and LibreOffice" as being sarcastic and mean spirited.  I certainly didn't read it that way.
The issue seems to be that the paragraph expressing this wish was within the flow of a different
story about people not giving AOOo its due.

>All that he was asking was for an official clarification that you were being sincere and
not sarcastic because of course sarcasm isn't going to help the politics.  I assume the blog
was on the up and up and am representing it as such.  Hope you can clarify..."

Good lord -- by all means, we're being sincere.

The ASF doesn't speak out of both sides of its mouth; that's never how we've communicated
with anyone.

No "corporate" platitudes here!

Warmly,
Sally