incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How about a new branch for the legal changes? (was Re: A systematic approach to IP review?)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:58:26 GMT

--- On Fri, 10/14/11, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> > A branch would save us from having say... 1000 commits
> > with header changes in the history.
>
> Apache uses version control as the canonical record. It's
> therefore essential to know why a header was changed and
> by whom.

And of course the branch would be on SVN so the history for
the legal changes wouldn't be lost. Of course I meant this
only for the SGA, but ultimately it depends on the people
applying in and from what I understand now, *I* won't be
touching any headers :).

thanks for all these explanations,

Pedro.