incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Copyright Notices, Source Headers and Licenses (By Example)
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:25:34 GMT
Thank you Robert you've been very clear, but ...

--- On Thu, 10/13/11, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> Please jump in where I've been unclear)

> It is vital that only the owner (or their agent) alters a
> copyright notice unless specific written permission been
> granted.

We have been respecting this part, perhaps to the extreme.
Ideally Oracle should've had replaced the headers but to
ease up thing we imported their development tree with the
old copyrights. There is an initial SGA, so I guess any
committer can take the list of transferred files and
commit a license change, right?

It's a lot of files so I wonder how other projects have
managed this. I thought of creating a new branch and
merging the changes back but that didn't receive support.
Do tell us if there is a magical perl script to do these
type of replacements :).

regards,

Pedro.