incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anti-grain Geometry (was Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg)
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:42:46 GMT
--- On Thu, 10/13/11, Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Grand@me.com> wrote:

> From: Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Grand@me.com>
> Subject: Re: Anti-grain Geometry (was Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg)
> To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date: Thursday, October 13, 2011, 12:35 PM
>     Hi Pedro,
>
> On 13.10.2011 17:24, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > AGG stays. It's used here:
> >
> > canvas/source/tools/canvastools.flt
> > canvas/source/tools/image.cxx
>
> Yes, that's what I already wrote (canvas/source/tools,
> bitmap.cxx and image.cxx). Thorsten said it's not
> actively used. It's not just removing something, but
> to look a little bit deeper. Code removal often is
> more complicated than adding ;-)

I prefer updating over adding or removing ... and it
sounds like you would be a good candidate to test
a patch I am preparing :).

> Thorsten may comment, but normally those files are not
> needed for building. Also ENABLE_AGG has to be removed.

There seems to be no chance to get our hands on the
ENABLE_AGG and it seems like it never really worked
anyways so I will commit a patch to remove ENABLE_AGG
and I will add AGG to the NOTICE file.

> It's not urgently necessary due to license is okay, but
> away is away. It stays in the repros, though, for later
> eventual needs. For now, remove what can be removed...

Yes, I had no particular interest in shooting it down
now, I just thought I could save a few cycles if it
was dead code.

cheers,

Pedro.