incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Status of migration of OOo domains?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 02:18:28 GMT

--- On Tue, 10/11/11, Gavin McDonald wrote:

> Sorry, there is a misunderstanding, Im talking about
> migrating
> the current Mediawiki over to the ASF - well finishing it
> off at least the work already mostly done.

Bah.. sorry, it's my fault for reading incomplete threads!

> To be clear ooo-wiki.a.o and ooo-forums.a.o need their
> final hurrah at their current location , turning off ,
> migrate db and import into ASF,
> point DNS and current domain names, turn on, iron out
> bugs.

My understanding is that the MW instance needs to be updated,
which is probably not difficult but will cause some
information loss and there's also the issue of day to day
maintenance.

The forum is ready, however updating it in a future will be
extremely difficult without assistance from the previous
maintainer.

There is a lack of leadership on the technical aspects of both
efforts which, in general, limits our capacity to submit JIRA
issues about it due to the terror of accepting any
responsibility ;).

Pedro.