incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Review of OpenOffice.org Forums Agreement
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:07:35 GMT
On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 23:58 +0200, floris v wrote:
> Op 11-10-2011 23:46, Dennis E. Hamilton schreef:
> >> *H.* Should the ASF or the Apache OpenOffice.org project decide to
> >> terminate its support of the forums, it will grant a period of at
> >> least 90 days for the transfer of the contents and structure of the
> >> forums to another host as decided by the Administrators, Moderators
> >> and Volunteers.
> > The PPMC is not empowered to agree to a clause that reads, "The ASF will
> > grant 90 days to someone".  Only the board and officers can make
> > commitments on behalf of the org.
> >
> > That's just the legal side of things and is not the same as the question
> > of whether one should expect the ASF, should any of its entities decide
> > to take the forums down, provide advance warning or migration codepath.
> >
> > The relevant entities in this case include IPMC, Infra, and Board.
> How exactly should I understand this? Is this meant to be discouraging,
> like: forum people, you might as well leave right now?

Hi Floris,

Just my thought on that - if you recall I mentioned that it was time to
let the Apache folks see the proposal and make sure it fits into the
framework here also - it is a two way street..if I understand what is
being said it is merely that this is something not seen before and will
naturally, IMO, get a review from a broader group then just the PPMC.

and now I see that Ross G. has stated pretty much exactly that.

So, just my .02 worth - it doesn't appear to be anything beyond what one
should expect at this point and I would strongly advise not to jump to
any conclusions.

Best wishes,

//drew