incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Review of OpenOffice.org Forums Agreement
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:51:39 GMT
On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 13:13 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
> The proposal looks pretty good to me. Well thought out.
>
> I do have an operational question about the three people given the role of "Initial Committers
/ PMC"

> Do Zoltan, Rory, and Ricardo each have the skills and time to necessary to both complete
the migration of the Fora that was begun by TerryE and then maintain the service? Are they
all able to be "SysAdmins." My concern is if there is only one person in the full "SysAdmin"
role we will have a support problem.

Hi Dave,

hmm - I think that needs a little clarification.

The proposal section is what is being discussed right now - that
proposal was constructed by the folks that work the forums along with
some helpful input form Dennis, Christian and others.

The inital committers / PMC section was really a left over on that page
and doesn't signify who would handle the site admin - at least not to my
knowledge

(I just add in here, I made a choice to not be part of drafting the
proposal, but I doubt I missed reading any of the discussion, and I was
and am quite happy with what was put together by the group)

So - as for initial comitters/PPMC members section of the page, the list
was just an early list of those with admin/moderator status on the
forums that where _already_ had commit status or PPMC members and is
short at that and just off the top of my head would include:

Kazunari Hirano
Alexandro Colorado
Drew Jensen

I think I'm missing some folks there...darnit, my apologies.

Now the question of site admin - that is a bit tougher - right now that
is me... Terry, I don't know, so I have to assume no, but would love to
be wrong.

So first question is if I could get the migration done - yes, I could
handle that - though I might infuriate the Apache admins doing
it...*smile*...but we will all live through it, I have no doubt.

Going forward it best to have at least 2 individuals - on that all I can
say is that I'm not above begging people to get involved. Of course this
is assuming, or I should say, discounting the  Apache admins - so is
this an issue that must be addressed, absolutely. Do I think it can be
fulfilled, I think so and it shouldn't really be all that big a
deal...but you are correct to bring it up, IMO.

Best wishes,

//drew