incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: [patch} removal of OS2Bitmap.cxx
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:59:32 GMT

--- On Tue, 10/11/11, Yuri Dario <> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
> > I would also like to know the origin of the file to
> note it
> > in the NOTICE file.
> I wrote this code. I think I used some other code as
> template, but now I don't recall the details
> (too many years...)

The problem is if the code doesn't carry a license it's
assumed the code is proprietary and we cannot take it.
I need a license from here:

I personally prefer a BSD license for my work because
I can't make any claims about patents but If the code
you used as a template is from OOo, then we
(actually you and only you) can add AL2 header on it.

See the Appendix here:

Sorry that contributing is such a mess, but you learn
this stuff once and it works everywhere ;).

> > ps. What compiler do you use for the OS/2 port?
> the 3.2 build has been done with gcc 4.3.2, now I'm using
> gcc 4.4 (moving to 4.5)

I had no idea EMX had continued advancing.. cool :).

> > I would welcome a binary OS/2 port for Dmake:
> >
> I have it, at OOo 3.2 level, and it says to be a 4.12
> version, so  seems quite recent :-)

There were some minor updates that were not included in
an old 4.12. I guess you will be making a new one so feel
free to send me a private message with a packaged version
or submit it as an issue in the google code place.

> /*
>  * OS/2 open source software
>  *
>  *
> */

ps. If Ted Tsikora is still around there, tell him
I said hi ;).

View raw message