incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GStreamer avmedia plugin as copyleft?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 02:53:03 GMT

--- On Tue, 10/4/11, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> it seems you miss my point here.
> If you disable building and shipping GStreamer because it
> links against copy-left system libs, then you should
> remove the VCL plugins too (AFAIK gtk is LGPL, I'm not
> sure about Qt/KDE).

Oh .. indeed GTK++ and Qt are LGPL, but one of our mentors
said in the early days of this list that those could be
considered part of the system, so we can side step them ...
for now.

This was a subject I didn't want to bring in just yet, but
if it does happen that linking them is an issue, there are
replacements.

Pedro.