incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Disposition of *.services.oo.o
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:35:32 GMT
Hi All,

I had a conversation with Andrew Rist this morning. Here is what I have found out about what
will happen in one week.

(1) Forums and Mediawiki will be cloned and moved to Apache Infrastructure on top of the work
that TerryE and the Apache Infra team accomplished. Andrew, Gavin and TJ will be doing the
heavy lifting starting with some practice conversions.

Does Apache Infra plan to change dns resolution of user.services.oo.o and wiki.services.oo.o
to point to the ooo-forum.a.o and ooo-wiki.a.o domain names as of this transition?

(2) downloads.services.oo.o goes away this needs attention. This is the major unknown.

We do have a version of this page in the website migration. It is rather clean. I think the
page handles a missing mirror brain, but I don't know if it handles it well. The version that
was cleaned up is in the AOOo project svn in ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/download/.

(3) extensions.services.oo.o and templates.services.oo.o are hosted at OSUOSL and will be
retained. They still need work on Drupal upgrades, the OSUOSL admins have turned their noisy
Nagios checks off and we have to report outages to support@osuosl.org ourselves. They are
usually responsive by the business day AM in US Pacific Time Zone.

(4) All other *.services.oo.o are going away. If any of these are important to you please
recall that Andrew Rist has mentioned that he does have a backup of everything. Please contact
him about other services, if you would like to resurrect them.

(5) Some consideration will need to be made about changes needed to the Kenai based www.openoffice.org
due to the services change.

These topics can't wait, but I don't have any more bandwidth for AOOo until Sunday night or
Monday.

Regards,
Dave