incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Bugzilla Admin (was RE: Bugzilla notifications not going to an ASF mailing list)
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:08:54 GMT
I don't understand what this means:

  "I think we need a languages properties file with items like BZ, Forum, ML, Language Pack,
etc."

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:29
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Bugzilla Admin (was RE: Bugzilla notifications not going to an ASF
mailing list)

On Oct 20, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I believe the next-action on administration of the ooo-bz is ours.  It looks like there
need to be some @apache.org administrators, and the hierarchy of administration with respect
to the various categories also needs to be dealt with.

> From the list that Mark Thomas provided, I only see 2 apache.org e-mail addresses that
have administrative logins, Mark Thomas himself and Herbert Dürr.  The rest are openoffice.org
addresses of people who may or may not be here, may or may not be committers/PPMC members.
 They might not have even restored access to their bugzilla account after the move, but I
suspect they are still getting automated traffic from ooo-bz!?.

Most of these are here and on the PPMC.

jza, jsc, pjanik, r4zoli, pescetti, ...

But it is a long list.

I think we need a languages properties file with items like BZ, Forum, ML, Language Pack,
etc.

> My thought is that this is an appropriate migration case to handle with more detail on
OOOUSER.

Yes.

> I am raising this flag for discussion.  I think a couple of admins should be nominated
and option 2 taken.  The mapping could be explained on the wiki.  Who already knows enough
ins-and-outs of Bugzilla administration to land running?

Volunteers? Leaders? Let's not all step backwards at once :-)

Regards,
Dave

[ ... ]