incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Status of migration of OOo domains?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:14:00 GMT
There *are* only 128 code points in the ASCII code set.  95 of them are

If opengrok is going to support Unicode and UTF-8, that would be cool indeed.
Otherwise, if there is a single-byte code only, the problem is which one?  The
Western European 8-bit code is common.  It doesn't do anything for Cyrillic,
Asian languages, Greek, Middle-Eastern languages, and special diacritical
usages outside of the core Western European set.  (Not to mention that
ever-popular favorite, Klingon {;<).

-----Original Message-----
From: TJ Frazier []
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 14:27
Subject: Re: Status of migration of OOo domains?

On 10/11/2011 17:06, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> --- On Tue, 10/11/11, Rob Weir<>  wrote:
>> This is really quite simple.  The legacy website
>> I was making a list yesterday of what I thought the most
>> critical parts of the legacy website are.  My list was:
>> 1) Source control, including CWS's
> I am not sure what you mean here, but this is done, right?
> I love SVN, and the bitbucket mirror already covers the CWSs.
> It would be nice to have opengrok and I'll probably go ahead
> and ask infra@ about it.
> cheers,
> Pedro.
If you're going to inquire about opengrok, you might want to see if they
have a new version which fixes a most disconcerting bug: opengrok only
handles the first 128 characters in the ASCII code set! Any letters (for
instance) with diacritics are simply dropped; not substituted with boxes
or question-marks, they just vanish.

When I checked about a year ago, there was promise of a fix to come. If
it indeed happened, it would be nice to have.

View raw message