incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Shutting down legacy OOo mailing lists
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:41:58 GMT
+1 on having a single page that users can use to find out what is going on
with the migration.  Progressive disclosure to details could happen with links
to details, keeping the main summary simple and easy to follow.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/%3cCAP-ksojP5eMH=xtOV4caCqz12kUPVTqHCPMfJnJjxmezdBTeiA@mail.gmail.com%3e>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 09:21
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/%3c37A6B1C6-3C4D-41B4-8679-A12DBBB186BE@comcast.net%3e>
[ ... ]

> Let's not forget that there are a number of people who make use of their
> @openoffice.org email address. We owe it to these people to give them some
> time to react if these are being dropped. There are also implications with
> BZ - at least in bug ownership and accounts. We've "bikeshedded" on these
> addresses, we now need a plan. If someone cares enough about openoffice.org
> personal email addresses we'll need volunteers to work out the details.

Nothing I've proposed will impact the @openoffice.org mail forwarding
service.   That is an independent issue that we need to develop a plan
for and communicate. But it is reasonable that when we announce
mailing list changes that we'll also get questions related to the
forwarding service.

It makes me think that we would benefit from a single user-facing page
on the current status of the migration.  What has moved, what hasn't,
what the general plan is.  Something with a lot less technical detail
than we have on the wiki right now.  A high level summary that we can
point users to.

-Rob