incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Documention roadmap (was Re: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:14:56 GMT
Pedro,

Yes, GSoC and GCI are different.

Also, I don't think it involves adding committers, but it definitely adds work for GCI mentors.
 In any case, I recommend that you hop onto dev@community.apache.org while there is time to
find out what is required and whether ASF will be participating.  The archive is at the corrected
link that Shane provided.

I think changing the thread subject is premature narrowing.  So be it.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:pfg@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 08:45
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Documention roadmap (was Re: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?)

Thanks for the links Shane!

The first link is for the GSoC though, which is very different.
GCI requires a list of tasks of various levels of difficulty. I think this would be a good
chance for our documentation guys to put up a detailed documentation roadmap, which would
be good to have anyways.

I think this would be an excellent option to get fresh eyes into the MW --> CWiki migration.
Actually, newcomers would be ideal to identify information that must be part of tutorials.

Pedro.