incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Documention roadmap (was Re: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:14:56 GMT

Yes, GSoC and GCI are different.

Also, I don't think it involves adding committers, but it definitely adds work for GCI mentors.
 In any case, I recommend that you hop onto while there is time to
find out what is required and whether ASF will be participating.  The archive is at the corrected
link that Shane provided.

I think changing the thread subject is premature narrowing.  So be it.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni []
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 08:45
Subject: Documention roadmap (was Re: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?)

Thanks for the links Shane!

The first link is for the GSoC though, which is very different.
GCI requires a list of tasks of various levels of difficulty. I think this would be a good
chance for our documentation guys to put up a detailed documentation roadmap, which would
be good to have anyways.

I think this would be an excellent option to get fresh eyes into the MW --> CWiki migration.
Actually, newcomers would be ideal to identify information that must be part of tutorials.

--- On Fri, 10/21/11, Shane Curcuru <> wrote:

> The best place to learn about ASF in
> GCI is here:
> Yes, the ASF absolutely participates and have some pretty
> good results -
> both technical and new community members - in some Apache
> projects.  I
> don't know if podlings have participated, but with the
> appropriate
> incubation disclaimer I don't see why AOOo couldn't.
> Correction in mail-archives link below: it's
> to talk about GCI stuff:
> Key point: good GCI results come from strong and
> *committed* mentors who
> have interesting projects.  The key thing is finding
> AOOo committers who
> will have the time to volunteer to do the work.
> - Shane

View raw message